The building of the Visitor Center The Drava Story was built in the 19th century as the summer residence of the Count Drašković, and in the second half of the 20th century, this space was used as a primary school and a teacher's apartment. Prior to the reconstruction, only one room was used in the building, like the classroom outside the school headquarters of the Primary School Davorin Trstenjak from Čađavica, while the rest of the building was in a ruinous condition.
The renovation process started in 2012 as part of the project Integration in EU Natura 2000, which was funded by the World Bank through the Ministry of Environment and Nature Protection, Office of the NIPP.
In 2013, the educational trail In the embrace of Drava was equipped in cooperation with the Ministry of Tourism, and the trail connects the Visitor Center The Drava Story with the river Drava.
In the second half of 2014, the construction reconstruction of the building continued, and the remaining part of the attic was renovated with funds from the Ministry of Regional Development and European Union funds and Virovitica-Podravina County.
During 2014-2015, with the cross-border project IPA CBC HU-HR acronym Three Rivers = One Aim, was made the reconstruction of the basement of the building, revitalization and landscaping of the park, and began equipping of the bio research station in the basement of the building. Due to the specifics of the reconstruction, additional funds were invested in waterproofing works, co-financed by the Fund for Environmental Protection and Energy Efficiency.
In 2016, the additional investments were made in equipping the Center, the interior design and the design of interpretive facilities, as well as the registration of hostel and souvenir shop.
In the period 2016-2020 in realisation is the project Visitor Center The Drava Story - an interactive, innovative and accessible experience of nature, which is the largest investment in equipping, arranging new contents for the interpretation of nature, education and accessibility of the facility for people with disabilities.
The investment projects in the Visitor Center The Drava Story:
- Project title: Information and Education Center in Noskovačka Dubrava, 2012, EU Fund / Program: World Bank / Ministry of Environmental and Nature Protection - NIP Office – project Integration in EU Natura 2000
- Project title: Educational trail "In the embrace of Drava"“, 2013, EU fund / program: Ministry of Tourism
- Project title: Reconstruction of a part of the attic of the Drašković summer residence in Noskovačka Dubrava,2014, EU fund / program: Ministry of Regional Development and European Union Funds-Local Community Sustainable Development Programme
- Project title: Landscape Revitalization and Biodiversity Protection within the Cooperation in the Area of the Transboundary Biosphere Reserve, acronym: Three Rivers=One Aim, HUHR/1101/1.1.1/0005, 2014. -2015.
- Project title: Information and Education Center in Noskovačka Dubrava - Additional waterproofing works, 2015,EU fund / program: Fund for Environmental Protection and Energy Efficiency - Sustainable Construction Programme
- Project title: Interactive presentation setup of the Information Educational Center in Noskovačka Dubrava, 2015-2016, EU fund / program: Fund for Environmental Protection and Energy Efficiency - Program Protection and Conservation of Biological and Landscape Diversity - preparation of project documentation for interactive setup
- Project title: Integrated River Management, acronym: Drava Life, LIFE14 NAT/HR/000115, 2015-2020, EU fund / program: LIFE 2014
- Project title: Cross-border management program of the planned pentalateral Mura-Drava-Danube Biosphere Reserve, akronim: coop MDD, DTP1-1-259-2.3; 2017-2019, EU fund/program: Danube Transnational Programme 2014-2020
- Project title: Common tourism development of natural and cultural assets of Suhopolje-Noskovačka Dubrava-Zselic Starry Park,acronym: Tourism 4 All, HUHR/1601/2.1.2/0014, 2017-2019, EU fund / program: Interreg V-A Hungary-Croatia Cooperation Programme 2014-2020
- Project title: Border Isn't Restriction for Developing Skills, acronym: B.I.R.D.S., HUHR / 1601 /4.1.2 /0004, 2017-2018, EU fund / program: Interreg V-A Hungary-Croatia Cooperation Programme 2014-2020
- Project title: The Visitor Center The Drava Story - interactive, innovative and accessible to all nature experience, EU fund / program: European Regional Development Fund, Operational Programme Competitiveness and Cohesion 2014-2020, public call Natural Heritage